Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
A scoop of this is sure to put a smile on your face.
- 1½ quart ice cream freezer container
- large saucepan
- fine strainer
- large bowl
- 2 cups CannaMilk
- 1 cup half-and-half
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- pinch of salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- 2 drops green food coloring (optional)
- 1 cup dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- Combine CannaMilk, half-and-half, ½ cup sugar, cornstarch and salt in a large saucepan and whisk together thoroughly. Cook over medium heat while stirring constantly until mixture starts to thicken, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Whisk egg yolks in a separate bowl while gradually adding 1 cup of the hot canna-cream from the saucepan. Return hot canna-cream and yolk mixture to the saucepan while whisking constantly.
- Heat everything for an additional 2 minutes; stir constantly.
- Pour the canna-cream mixture through a fine strainer and into a large bowl. Discard any solids.
- Chill cream uncovered in refrigerator for 1 hour; stir occasionally. Place plastic wrap on top of cream mixture after 1 hour. Let chill for another 12 to 24 hours.
- Pour cold cream mixture into 1½ quart ice cream freezer container. Stir in vanilla extract, peppermint extract and food coloring. Place container in freezer.
- Remove container from freezer after 3 hours (before it freezes completely); stir in dark chocolate pieces. Return container to freezer for another 6 hours, or until ice cream is firm.
- Let stand at room temperature for 5 minutes before scooping and serving.
Banana Canna-Cream Pie
The pie you’ll go bananas for.
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups CannaMilk
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- large tupperware container w/ lid
- 1 – 9-inch pastry shell, pre-baked
- 4 large bananas
- 1 cup whipped cream (or Whipped CannaCream)
Preparation time: 1 Hour 30 Minutes (plus 8 hours to chill)
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, salt and CannaMilk together in a large saucepan. Stir until smooth.
- Heat over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until the CannaMilk mixture bubbles and begins to thicken. Reduce heat to low; heat for an additional 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Beat eggs slightly in a small bowl. Add ½ cup of hot CannaMilk mixture to beaten eggs; stir together.
- Add eggs to the saucepan with the rest of the CannaMilk mixture; stir together. Increase heat and stir constantly to bring filling mix to a slight boil.
- Remove saucepan from heat. Add butter and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Transfer filling mixture to Tupperware container. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Spread half of the chilled filling into the 9-inch pastry shell.
- Slice bananas and lay on top of the filling, making sure to cover the whole surface.
- Pour the rest of the filling over the sliced bananas.
- Top the pie with whipped cream.
Refrigerate for at least 8 hours before serving.
Chicken Pot Pie
Pardon the pun.
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cubed
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup marijuana butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 2/3 cup marijuana milk
- 2 (9 inch) unbaked pie crusts
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C.)
- In a saucepan, combine the chicken, peas, carrots, and celery. Add water to cover and boil for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat, drain and set aside.
- In the saucepan over medium heat, cook onions in marijuana butter until soft and translucent. Stir in flour, salt, pepper, and celery seed. Slowly stir in chicken broth and marijuana milk. Simmer over medium-low heat until thick. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place the chicken mixture in bottom pie crust. Pour hot liquid mixture over it. Cover with top crust, seal the edges, and cut away excess dough. Make several small slits in the top to allow steam to escape.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
For the sweet tooth.
- 4 cups fresh, ripe watermelon, cut into chunks (or 2 cups juice)
- 7 Tablespoons grass fed gelatin
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons THC Infused Cannabis Tincture
- Optional, depending on the sweetness / ripeness of your watermelon: 1/4 cup raw honey, Stevia, or Agave
- Blend the cut-up watermelon in a blender, then strain to remove pulp.
- Measure out the gelatin powder you will need.
- Add half of the juice you are using to a bowl and sprinkle the gelatin over the juice.
- Leave the juice & gelatin mixture alone for a few minutes: the gelatin will dissolve.
- Take the remaining fruit juice and warm it gently. Warm it, don’t let it get hot or simmer.
- Slide the grass fed gelatin & juice mixture into the pan with the rest of the warm juice on the stovetop. Whisk until everything is combined and smooth – there shouldn’t be any visible bits of gelatin.
- Stir in any extra ingredients – in this recipe those will be raw honey and fresh lemon juice.
Now your homemade gummies are ready to pour into molds so that they can actually be gummies once they have refrigerated and set.
Butternut Squash Soup
A Fall favorite to keep you warm during the cold days.
- 3 lbs butternut squash
- 3 tablespoons of cannabis-infused oil or butter (view recipe)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped sage leaves
- 1.5 teaspoons of sea salt
- 5 cups of vegetable stock
- 1 ½ tablespoons of cannabutter to finish
- Begin by peeling your squash, cutting it in half and scooping out the seeds. Then cut the squash into chunks. Place the chunks in a steamer basket and steam for 30 to 45 minutes, until fork-tender.
- Heat the oil in a large pot and add the diced onion, celery and carrots, along with the herbs. Sauté the veggies over medium heat for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they are beginning to brown.
- Add the steamed squash, salt, and the vegetable stock or water. Simmer the soup, covered, for about 20 minutes. Puree the soup in a blender in batches. Return to the pot and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Roasted Garlic and Mary Jane Mashed Potatoes
It’s all about the herbs.
- 5 pounds unpeeled red potatoes, quartered
- 2 heads of garlic
- 1 1/2 cups of Cannabis Butter (or mix of canna-butter and virgin butter), room temperature
- 5 ounces Romano cheese, grated
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cover quartered potatoes with 1” of cold water in a large pot. Cook on high until tender but still firm, approximately 45 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooking, slice top portion off of heads of garlic and remove excess papery skin.
- Drizzle garlic with olive oil.
- Wrap garlic tightly in foil and bake for 35 minutes.
- Let garlic cool slightly then press on the bottom of the garlic clove to push it out of its paper. Set mushy cloves aside.
- Drain the potatoes.
- Stir in butter, cheese, roasted garlic, salt and oregano.
- Mash with a potato masher or mixer.
Stoner French Toast
Redefining the term “wake & bake”.
- 8 teaspoons cannabutter
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 12 slices Challah
- Maple syrup
- In a shallow dish, whisk together eggs, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Melt 4 teaspoons of cannabutter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Soak each piece of bread in the egg mixture for about 10 seconds each side.
- Fry each piece of bread in the melted cannabutter until each side is golden. As the bread soaks the cannabutter, add more for each batch, teaspoon by teaspoon.
Serve warm and top with maple syrup.
The Pot Brownie
The staple of all Stoner Treats
- 4 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 3/4 cup pot butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Microwave chocolate and pot butter in large bowl on high for 2 minutes or until butter is melted.
- Stir until chocolate is melted. Stir in sugar. Mix in eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour and nuts.
- Spread in greased 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
Banana Cream Pie
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Thumbnail photo by: https://www.flickr.com/photos/jeffreyww/